Monday, October 25, 2010

Meet the Rodent! | Cave Creek Pet Photographer

After three years of doing Pet Photography on a part-time basis, I finally decided it was time to make the leap to full time!  And since you made it to this blog you're probably wondering where the name "Rodent Dog" came from! 

This blog is named after the love of my life...my best friend...my heart!  'Squirt' is my little rescue dog that ran out in front of my car almost nine years ago now!  I had no intention of keeping him.  I would find his owner and life would be good!  Well, like many good plans, this one didn't quite work out the way I expected.  First of all, no one ever claimed him even though I had gone 'over and above' trying to find his owner.  So, I found him a home... with someone that already had six dogs!

I packed up his new leash and new bowls and put him in the car to take him to his NEW life with his NEW owner.  As we were backing down the driveway he put his head on the passenger-side seat, his butt up in the air (like the photo on the header of this blog) and looked at me with those big brown eyes.  And at that moment, my life changed!  I fell so totally in love!

So, long story short...(might be too late for that now!) he was laying in the tall grass one day with his chin on the ground and those huge ears in the air and a girlfriend looked over at him and said he looked like 'a giant rodent'!  It just stuck!  I've called him a Giant Rodent ever since!  And I mean that in only the most loveable way!







1 comment:

  1. but isn't that the way with most rescue dogs - you see them, have no intent of getting another dog and then you fall in love. that happened with my rescue, I came around a corner at petsmart, our eyes met and i literally gasped out loud. frankie is so happy now and my princess loves having a brother

    ReplyDelete