Friday, January 14, 2011

UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER MEMORIAL

I was working in Tucson yesterday only a few blocks from UMC.  I needed to make time to go see the Memorial honoring those involved in the Tucson Tragedy.  It was breathtaking.  It was massive!  The emotion in the air was palpable... 

People came with flowers, notes, stuffed animals, and balloons.  They brought their children and their dogs.  It was so quiet.  The news vans with their satellite dishes were camped out in the parking lot with cables winding across the front lawn.  Reporters from different stations were set up side-by-side around the perimeter reporting live. 

(I think by mistake I might have ended up in some Spanish-speaking news report when I inadvertantly walked right behind the reporter reading from his teleprompter!  Oops... lo siento!) 

I was told there was another Memorial that was just as impressive set up in front of Gabrielle Giffords office, but I didn't have time to make it over there before heading back to Phoenix.





No comments:

Post a Comment