Thursday, June 16, 2011

MY FUTURE'S SO BRIGHT... | Cave Creek Dog Photographer

Squirt, my little Rodent-Dog, and I have been taking a REALLY fun class over at Villa La Paws called "Hollywood Dogs"!  It's taught by their new trainer, Celeste Richardson.  Celeste's dog, Singe, has done lots of photo and movie work, so she knows all the ins and outs of what goes into training your dog to work on a set with (and for) the photographers and the client! 

Last night was 'graduation' night and Celeste invited Kathleen, one of the owners of A-1 Animal Talent, to come check out our dogs! 

Everyone did GREAT!  We each had the chance to meet with Kathleen one-on-one afterward and get feedback as to how our dogs did and the little things she thought they would need before being able to work on a set!

We set up a portable "studio" and Elizabeth, from Villa La Paws, took photos that will be sent on to the Talent Agency!  She did a GREAT job! 

Squirt did awesome!  I am so proud of him!!  BUT, here was my feedback (all constructive, I might add, and only after she said lots of nice things about him!)  He's getting gray and starting to show his age!  Well... um....  so am I!!  She thought his opportunities were limited to maybe senior dog food or products geared toward aging dogs unless I touched up his gray!  So...tomorrow involves a trip to Sally's Beauty Supply to pick up something to 'wash away the gray'!

What I realize is, it really doesn't matter whether we ever get print or commercial work (although it would be sooo much fun to see his cute little face in an ad); that little dog gives me 110% of everything I ask him to do!  We have so much fun playing together! 

He is my heart!!  I love you, little man!!

(This is an older photo, so it really doesn't show the gray!!)



1 comment:

  1. Squirt has so much character that he will be a great addition to A-1 Animal Talent. As far as age goes, there are a lot of us Baby Boomers that would like to see older dogs in commercials that we can relate to.

    ReplyDelete